Apart from a downtown which centered on the intersection of Buffalo Grove Road and Lake-Cook Road, Buffalo Grove served as a key farming community. The community gained a special reputation for supplying milk, cheese, and other dairy products to Chicago. The Weidner Cheese Factory was one of the key settlements. By 1926, the Public Service Company of Northern Illinois offered electric power to the area farms, and by 1930, Dundee Road, the first concrete road in northern Illinois, was built in south Buffalo Grove.
Buffalo Grove Properties